The Yohimbe brand name has been discontinued in the U.S. If generic versions of this product have been approved by the FDA, there may be generic equivalents available .
What are other common names?
- 11-Hydroxy Yohimbine
- Corynanthe johimbi
- Corynanthe yohimbi
- Pausinystalia johimbe
- Pausinystalia yohimbe
- Alpha Yohimbine
- Alpha Yohimbine HCl
- Corynanthe Johimbe
- Corynanthe Yohimbe
- Yohimbe Bark
- Yohimbehe Cortex
- Yohimbine HCl
- Yohimbinum Muriaticum
What is this product used for?
No information from medical studies supports the use of this product for any health problem.
What are the precautions when taking this product?
- Always check with your doctor before you use a natural product. Some products may not mix well with drugs or other natural products.
- Be sure to tell your doctor that you take this product if you are scheduled for surgery or tests, especially with the radioactive drug called iobenguane.
- Do not use this product if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant soon. Use birth control you can trust while taking this product.
- Do not use this product if you are breastfeeding.
- Do not use this product if you are taking drugs called MAO inhibitors. These are drugs like isocarboxazid, phenelzine, and tranylcypromine.
- Do not use this product if you have kidney or liver problems.
- Take extra care and check with your doctor if you have:
- Heart problems
- High or low blood pressure
- Mental problems like anxiety, schizophrenia, impulsive behavior, addiction, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or low mood
What should I watch for?
- Upset stomach
- Problems sleeping
- Restless or irritable
When do I need to call the doctor?
- Signs of a very bad reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; seizures; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat. Go to the ER right away.
- Signs of high blood pressure. Thee include like very bad headaches, nervousness, problems breathing, or nosebleeds.
- Signs of low blood pressure like feeling dizzy, weak, or tired, fainting, more thirst, or skin that is pale, cool, and clammy.
- Signs of heart problems. These include coughing, especially when lying down; and swelling in your feet or legs.
- Very bad throwing up
- Very bad loose stools
- Very bad headache
- Problems breathing
- Unusual or uneven heartbeat
- Feeling faint or dizzy
source :: https://www.drugs.com/npc/yohimbe.html