What are other common names?
- Mitragyna speciosa Korth
- Mitragyna speciosa
- Nauclea speciosa
- Herbal Speedball
- Maeng Da Leaf
- Mitragynine Extract
What is this product used for?
No information from medical studies supports the use of this product for any health problem.
What are the precautions when taking this product?
- Always check with your doctor before you use a natural product. Some products may not mix well with drugs or other natural products.
- Very bad reactions and even death may occur if you take kratom with other drugs. This includes medicines, other herbal products, caffeine, or illegal drugs.
- Do not use this product if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant soon. Use birth control you can trust while taking this product.
- Do not use this product if you are breastfeeding.
- This product may cause you to be sleepy. Take extra care driving and doing tasks where you need to be alert.
- You may have signs of physical dependence or withdrawal if you take this product for a period of time and then stop.
- Be sure to tell you doctor that you take this product if you are scheduled for surgery or tests.
- Your skin may be extra sensitive to the sun. Always wear sunblock when outside.
- Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor) while taking this product
- Take extra care and check with your doctor if you have:
- Liver problems
- Mental health problems
What should I watch for?
- Skin darkening on face and cheeks
- Dry mouth
- Upset stomach
- Loose stools or diarrhea
- Passing more urine than normal
- Feeling uncomfortable or unhappy
- Feeling like you are in a dream or not connected to things around you
- Seeing things that are not really there
When do I need to call the doctor?
- Signs of a very bad reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; seizures; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat. Go to the ER right away.
- Signs of liver problems like upset stomach or throwing up, belly pain, feeling tired, dark urine, yellow skin or eyes, not hungry.
- Signs of withdrawal like muscle aches, not able to sleep, mood changes, angry towards other people, runny nose, yawning, or jerky movements.
source :: https://www.drugs.com/npc/kratom.html