Generic name: atogepant
Dosage form: tablets
Drug class: CGRP inhibitors
What is Qulipta?
Qulipta is a prescription medicine used for the preventive treatment of episodic migraine in adults.
It is not known if this medicine is safe and effective in children.
Before you take Qulipta
Before you take Qulipta tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- have kidney problems or are on dialysis.
- have liver problems.
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if this medicine will harm your unborn baby.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if Qulipta passes into your breast milk. Talk to your healthcare provider about the best way to feed your baby while taking Qulipta.
What other drugs will affect Qulipta?
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Qulipta may affect the way other medicines work, and other medicines may affect how Qulipta works. Your healthcare provider may need to change the dose when taken with certain other medicines.
Especially tell your healthcare provider if you take any of the following, as your healthcare provider may need to change the dose of Qulipta:
- ketoconazole or itraconazole
- St. John’s wort
Keep a list of medicines you take to show to your healthcare provider or pharmacist when you get a new medicine.
Qulipta drug interactions (more detail)
How should I take Qulipta?
- Take Qulipta by mouth 1 time each day with or without food.
- Take this medicine exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to take it.
Usual Adult Dose for Preventive Treatment of Migraine
– 10 mg, 30 mg, or 60 mg taken orally once daily with or without food
Use: preventive treatment of episodic migraine in adults
Detailed Qulipta dosage information
Qulipta side effects
The most common side effects of include:
- constipation, and
These are not all of the possible side effects of Qulipta. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Qulipta side effects (more detail)
How should I store Qulipta?
- Store Qulipta at room temperature between 68ºF to 77ºF (20ºC to 25ºC).
Keep medicines out of the reach of children and pets.
General information about the safe and effective use of Qulipta.
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes other than those listed in a Patient Information leaflet. Do not use this medicine for a condition for which it was not prescribed. Do not give it to other people, even if they have the same symptoms you have. It may harm them. You can ask your pharmacist or healthcare provider for information that is written for health professionals.
What are the ingredients in Qulipta?
Active ingredient: atogepant
Inactive ingredients: colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, mannitol, microcrystalline cellulose, polyvinylpyrrolidone vinyl acetate copolymer, sodium chloride, sodium stearyl fumarate, and vitamin E polyethylene glycol succinate.
source :: https://www.drugs.com/qulipta.html