What are other common names?
- Coenzyme Q-10
- Coenzyme Q10
- Coenzyme Q10
What is this product used for?
Ubiquinone is also known as Coenzyme Q10 or CoQ10. CoQ10. It may help prevent heart problems after heart surgery. It may also help prevent migraines.
What are the precautions when taking this product?
- Always check with your doctor before you use a natural product. Some products may not mix well with drugs or other natural products.
- This product may interfere with some lab tests. Be sure to talk with your doctor about this and all drugs you are taking.
- Be sure to tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breastfeeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this natural product.
- Take extra care if you are taking drugs to thin your blood. These are drugs like warfarin.
- Take extra care if you are taking the drug insulin for diabetes.
- Take extra care and check with your doctor if you have:
- Heart problems
- Liver problems
- High blood pressure
What should I watch for?
- Upset stomach
- Trouble sleeping
When do I need to call the doctor?
- Signs of a very bad reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; seizures; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat. Go to the ER right away.
- Signs of liver problems, like upset stomach or throwing up, belly pain, feeling tired, dark urine, yellow skin or eyes, not hungry.
- Very bad throwing up
- Very bad belly pain
- Very bad loose stools
- Very bad headache
- Blood in your stool or stools are dark and tar colored
- Bruising or bleeding that is not normal
- Changes in menstrual periods, like lots of bleeding, spotting, or bleeding between cycles.
- Throwing up blood