Generic name: abametapir
Dosage form: Lotion
Drug class: Topical anti-infectives
What is Xeglyze?
Xeglyze is a prescription medicine used to get rid of head lice in people 6 months of age and older.
After Xeglyze is rinsed off, a fine-tooth comb may be used to remove dead lice and nits from the hair and scalp. All personal items exposed to the hair or lice should be washed in hot water or dry-cleaned. See How do I stop the spread of lice? at the end of the Xeglyze Instructions for Use that comes with your prescription.
It is not known if Xeglyze is safe and effective in children under 6 months of age.
Xeglyze is for use on scalp hair and scalp only. Do not use Xeglyze in your mouth, eyes, or vagina.
Before using Xeglyze
Before you use Xeglyze, tell your healthcare provider if you or your child:
- have any skin conditions or sensitivities
- have any other medical conditions
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if Xeglyze can harm your unborn baby
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if Xeglyze passes into your breast milk.
How should I use Xeglyze?
See the Instructions for Use that come with your prescription for detailed information about the right way to apply Xeglyze.
- Use Xeglyze exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to use it. Your healthcare provider will prescribe the treatment that is right for you. Do not change your treatment without talking to your healthcare provider.
- Use Xeglyze on dry hair.
- Completely cover all of your hair and scalp with Xeglyze.
- Children will need an adult to apply Xeglyze for them.
- Do not swallow Xeglyze. If swallowed, call your Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.
- Do not get Xeglyze into your eyes. If Xeglyze gets in your eye, gently flush with water. Wash your hands after you apply Xeglyze.
- You may shampoo your hair any time after the treatment.
- When you complete your dose of Xeglyze, do not use Xeglyze again. Throw away any unused Xeglyze. Do not flush Xeglyze down sink or toilet.
Detailed Xeglyze dosage information
Xeglyze side effects
The most common side effects of Xeglyze include:
- Redness of the skin or scalp
- Burning sensation of the skin
- Skin irritation
- Eye irritation
- Itchy scalp
- Changes in your hair color
Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
These are not all the possible side effects. For more information, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Xeglyze side effects (more detail)
How should I store Xeglyze?
- Store Xeglyze upright at room temperature between 20°C to 25°C (68°F to 77°F), with allowable excursions between 15°C and 30°C (59°F and 86°F).
- Do not refrigerate or freeze.
- Discard (throw away) any unused product.
Keep Xeglyze and all medicines out of reach of children.
General information about the safe and effective use of Xeglyze
Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes other than those listed in a Patient Information leaflet. Do not use this product for a condition for which it was not prescribed. Do not give it to other people, even if they have the same symptoms you have. It may harm them. You can also ask your pharmacist or healthcare provider for information that is written for health professionals.
What are the ingredients in Xeglyze?
Active ingredient: abametapir
Inactive ingredients: benzyl alcohol, butylated hydroxytoluene, carbomer 980, light mineral oil, polysorbate 20, trolamine and water.
source :: https://www.drugs.com/xeglyze.html