What are other common names?
- Birch Sugar
- Sucre de Bouleau
What is this product used for?
Xylitol may help prevent cavities. It is sometimes used as a substitute for sugar.
What are the precautions when taking this product?
- Always check with your doctor before you use a natural product. Some products may not mix well with drugs or other natural products.
- Take extra care if you are using laxatives or stool softeners. These include drugs and products like docusate sodium (Colace or DocuSol Mini), bisacodyl (Dulcolax), mineral oil, or coconut oil.
- Take extra care and check with your doctor if you have loose stools or bowel problems.
What should I watch for?
- Upset stomach
- Loose stools
- Rumbling sounds of gas moving through your gut
- Increased amounts of stool
When do I need to call the doctor?
- Signs of a very bad reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; seizures; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat. Go to the ER right away.
- Sores in your mouth
- Throwing up
source :: https://www.drugs.com/npc/xylitol.html